back to Weris
(1) One wonders why prehistoric people with only stone tools would cut a slanting stone column out of a hill top. I would be much easier to cut the stone first and then erect it on top of the hill, unless it was done by an older civilization who had the technology with which they easily could perform such a task. When one limits his view to the area under investigation, such an idea might look silly, but with archeology one needs to look to similar features elsewhere in the world. Many years after visiting Weris I found a couple of impressive pictures of artificially flattened hill tops and mountain tops, hundreds of times larger than the one of Weris. They are found in the Palpa region of Peru, about ten minutes flight away from the famous Nazca region. Those mountain tops are flat as a table and contrast sharply with the normal mountains tops around them. The pictures can be found in the book "Arrival of the Gods", by Erich Von Daniken. He is a controversial figure and he did a lot of guess work. However he has the merit of bringing the strange features those sites into the spotlight. Archeologists will never make the unexplainable features public because they don't fit in with their theories, and they cannot handle the possibility of a highly evolved and technological civilization in the remote past.
(2) There used to be a lot of Little People in Belgium and Holland, but according to several legends they all left when the Church started to come down on them. Nowadays the Little People are thought to only exist in fairy tales, but evidence suggests that they once lived on the surface among humans. In later times they went underground because they were often mistreated, although they were still helping humans. We find stories of Little People all over the world, in every culture. There seem to have been different races of human beings which were even smaller than the pygmies in Africa. In my early twenties I visited the Findhorn Foundation in Scotland. One of the members had organized a bus tour to visit megalithic sites. Megalithic sites in England and Scotland are well preserved and many sites are protected by the government. In one remote stone circle, I was surprised to find one small stone among the other tall stones. All the standing stones were about 5-6 feet tall, but one was only 2 feet tall, although it had the same thickness as the other stones. I had never seen this in a stone circle, and wondered why the builders had deviated in the size of this stone. When I went around the circle feeling the energy of the stones, I felt that in ancient times, a man or woman would stand with its back to one of the stones, facing the interior of the circle. When I came to the little stone I strongly felt that this was the place for one of the Little People, yes, a physical being of a Little People’s race. This must have been in very old times when they were still living freely among humans.
Physical remains of the Little People have been found, but as usual totally ignored by scientists. The best case is the one of Pedro, the Mountain Mummy.
Large numbers of skeletons of Little people, only three to four feet tall, have been found nearby Cochocton, Ohio, and in Coffee County in Tennessee. Both quotes are taken from Ancient Man, a Handbook of Puzzling Artifacts, William R. Corliss, Sourcebook Project, 1978. The first source this book quotes from is the Gentlemen's Magazine: "A short distance from Cochocton, Ohio, U.S., a singular ancient burying-ground has lately been discovered. "It is situated," says a writer in Silliman's Journal, "on one of those elevated, gravelly alluvions, so common on the rivers of the West. Finding remains of wood, still apparent in the earth around the bones, it seems the bodies were all deposited in coffins. Most curious is the fact that the bodies buried there were generally not more than than three to four and a half feet in length. They are very numerous, and must have been tenants of a considerable city, or their numbers could not have been so great. A large number of graves have been opened, all are of this pygmy race. No metallic utensils have yet been found to throw light on the period or the nation to which they belonged". The second source was taken from the Anthropological Institute, Journal, 6:100, 1876: "An ancient graveyard of vast proportions has been found in Coffee county. It is similar to those found in White county and other places in middle Tennessee, but it vastly more extensive, and shows that the race of pygmies who once inhabited this country were very numerous. The same peculiarities of position observed in White county graves are found in these. The writer of the letter says: "Some considerable excitement and curiosity took place a few days since, near Hillsboro, Coffee County, on James Brown's farm. A man was ploughing in a field which had been cultivated many years, and ploughed up a man's skull and other bones. After making further examination they found that they were about six acres of graveyard. They were buried in a sitting or standing position. The bones show that they were a dwarf tribe of people, about three feet high. It is estimated that there were 75,000 to 100,000 buried there. This shows that this country was inhabited hundreds of years ago."
By the way giant skeletons have also been found. See Giant Human Remains,From records and sources all over the world by John Williams.
(3) A little word about the equinox and solstice lines. Because the earth axis is tilted in relation to its path around the sun, the sun goes up and under on different locations on the horizon every day. On the equinox nights, when might and day are equally long, this is on 22 March and 22 September, the sun rises up exactly in the geographic East and goes under exactly in the geographic West. The horizontal line between those two points is the equinox line. The perpendicular line on this equinox line is the solstice line and determines geographic North and South. As the days lengthen the point of sun rise deviates from the equinox line towards the North. When the days shorten this point goes to the South. The maximum deviation is on 21 June and 21 December. These are the solstitia. The deviation is also dependent on the latitude of the observation post, it increases as one moves to the equator.
(4) The construction of megalithic sites is a wonder by itself. Aside from the astronomical alignments in the landscape, there is also the question of heavy blocks of stone, often many tons each, which had to be put in the right position. The upright stones at Stonehenge range up to 30 feet in height, and the builders had to hoist huge slabs, up to 12 tons each, above the pairs of uprights and then lower them into place with enough precision that the mortised notches on the undersides of the capstones locked over the stone tenons atop the uprights. Also take into account that all this building had to be very precise in three dimensions, because Stonehenge was an astronomical observation post. The Grand Menhir of Locmariaquer was originally 65 to 70 feet long and weighted 380 tons! At a point in time it fell down but you can still see the pieces. How do you move a 380 ton menhir and put it upright?
(5) Every year more information is being discovered that applies astronomical data to archeological remains. This has developed into a side-discipline called archeo-astronomy, or astro-archeology. With modern technology, especially aerial photography, new features are revealed that normally are hidden at ground level. The practice is not yet widespread but some recent publications stimulate increasing interest, despite the resistance of "orthodox" archeologists who remain bound in their own narrow fields of research. Most archeologists do not know anything about astronomy, and refuse to believe that the ancients could have had advanced astronomical knowledge and could have incorporated this knowledge in their buildings. Furthermore astronomical alignments of many antiquities scattered over the world indicate remarkable similarities in the understanding of astronomical data. It all points to a global intelligent civilization in remote times (12,000 and more years ago).